- Introduce myself and give a little information on my credentials.
- Check your valid photo ID to verify that you are who you say you are.
- Review the In Case of Emergency plan. I’ll also review who your emergency contact is with you and jot down your current location address.
- Review the housekeeping paperwork that you completed, such as the Notice of Privacy Practices and Informed Consents.
- Briefly talk about the SimplePractice platform and what’s available to you through your client portal.
- I’ll answer any questions that you may have.
- Review the Intake Questionnaire that you completed.
- Collaborate on the Treatment Plan, covering issues or symptoms that you’d like to work on, goals and outcomes, and steps towards those goals and managing symptoms.
- Discuss anything you could work on in between the initial session and the second session. If appropriate, I’ll probably suggest that you have a private journal or notebook to take notes during sessions and to use throughout the week.
- Answer any questions that you may have.
- Verify your current location address.
- Check-in. Talk about how your week was and how you’re doing.
- If we need to, review the Treatment Plan.
- Talk about things going on and work towards your goals that reflect the Treatment Plan. How we work towards your goals is 100% unique to you. We will also identify your strengths and interests and where we can use them.
- Discuss what you could work on over the next week.
More about working together
Subscribe to Finish Stronger Counseling’s blog for more mental health tips
Will you join me in my mission?
One of my many goals is to increase mental health awareness, the availability of free resources, and the access to services.
If you value my free mental health content it would mean a lot to me if you would like, share, or Buy Me a Coffee. This helps people find my free content and allows me to continue providing free content.
I’m aiming high, thank you for your support.