Hi! I’ve had my coffee, went on a run, and now, I’m ready to help you.
Mental health and running are my passions.
Random fun fact: research strongly indicates that exercise boosts function and physically restores our brains. Did you know that proper exercise can improve anxiety, depression, ADHD, trauma, PTSD, dementia, and eating disorders?
I provide telemental health services to PA residents; I specialize in working with endurance runners, athletes and people who want to incorporate movement into their weekly routine as we address the root cause.
- People who come to me want to reduce worry and anxiety. They seek to better understand where their thoughts and emotions come from.
- People want to work through trauma to feel more like themselves.
- People want to understand and find support for the eating disorder part of them.
- Lastly, people want to improve their self-care, self-esteem and self-efficacy.
Each person has the power within themselves to rewire their brains, regulate emotions, and control behaviors by implementing the right skills for their mind.
- You can manage anxiety.
- You can see anxious thoughts vs. being your anxious thoughts.
- You can learn how to choose behaviors that better serve you.
- You can find new coping strategies and strive towards accepting difficult things.
- You can discover ways to regulate your emotions.
As an athlete myself, I understand the unique challenges that we face. This can also be something that we talk about.
- Self-care / adequate rest and sleep
- Work / life / training balance
- Managing disappointments
- Managing the emotional trials of “Did Not Start” (DNS) or “Did Not Finish” (DNF)
- Coping with injury
- Mental strategies for training and racing
- Improving your relationship with your body
We all need help sometimes.
I provide support, guidance, and a judgement-free space. I mainly use Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) when I work with people.
If these are areas that you care to address, I invite you to reach out to me through email to ask questions.
- School: Geneva College
- License and State: Licensed Professional Counselor PC011843 Pennsylvania
- Certificate: National Certified Counselor 628481
- Certificate: Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional 811112
- Certificate: Clinical Telemental Health 871013
- Coping Skills
- Christian Counseling
- I support vegan and plant-based diets. I am not a certified dietitian.
- I support athletes. I am not an athletics coach or certified personal trainer.
- Behavioral Issues
- Coping Skills
- Eating Disorders
- Life Transitions
- Relationship Issues
- Christian Faith-Based
- Sports Performance
- Trauma and PTSD
Treatment approach / types of therapy
- Christian Counseling
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Dialectical (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)
Like most specialty providers, I do not participate in any insurance plans. Paying out-of-pocket is a great option for people who want maximum privacy, confidentiality, and flexibility.
- $145 per 50-60 minute session.
- Private pay: most major credit cards; Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account cards.
- Like most specialty providers, I do not participate in any insurance plans.
- Paying out-of-pocket is a great option for people who want maximum privacy, confidentiality, and flexibility.
- I can provide you with a superbill, so that you can see if your insurance will reimburse you. I cannot guarantee that your insurance will reimburse.
- College students and or people in-between jobs, let’s chat to see how I can help!
- I offer a free initial phone consultation.
- Sliding scale pay – I am an Open Path Therapist!
Affordable and empathetic care for people and families in need. If you cannot afford
current market rates for therapy or if you lack adequate health insurance coverage, Open Path is here for you.
Open Path Collective therapists’ sliding scale rates are $40-70 per session, allowing clients
access to top-quality therapy in their community.
How it works
Their easy-to-use website makes it
simple to search an expansive network
of Open Path therapists in your area.
Quickly find the right therapist in the
right location. If you would like to work with me, search for me!
Once you’ve found a therapist, register
and pay a one-time fee of $65 to
become an Open Path Member. Your
lifetime membership will allow you to
work with an Open Path therapist for
$40–$70/session as long as there is a
Schedule appointments directly with
your therapist once you have been
That’s all there is to it.
About my blog feed
I enjoy blogging and continuously improving my writing skills. Outside of mental health and therapy, I write about ultra marathon running.
In this blog feed, I intend it to be a space for information on a smorgasbord of mental health topics and helpful, yet simple, hacks for everyday life.
Subscribe to my blog feed for invaluable worksheets and resources. I hope you enjoy reading!